Our Process…Working with Students
Working with high school freshmen through seniors, the goal is to set up a detailed, personalized program for each student’s greatest success.
The College Consortium process includes:
- Offering high school class scheduling suggestions
- Suggesting extracurriculars that focus on students strengths and interests
- Providing student with aptitude assessments and college research opportunities
- Determining colleges that are a good academic and social fit
- Crafting a personalized college list
- Arranging best test preparation and testing schedule
- Planning college visits
- Support in creating a strong application
- Arranging writing exercises and guidance for successful, dynamic college essays
- Helping students stay focused and organized throughout the admissions process
- Providing support and reducing college admissions anxiety for parents
- Guiding students and families to determine the best college choice from letters of acceptance.
Each student is provided with a College Consortium Planner, detailing the college process. All students The College Consortium Portal is personalized for each individual student. The portal offers organizational and research tools, assignments and invaluable strategies for successful admission results.
Every step of The College Consortium application process has been adapted and integrated to be successfully done remotely, from a student’s home or school. We also have two convenient locations in Pacific Palisades or Pasadena.
The College Consortium offers a Full Consulting Package, that includes the Planner, all online applications as well as working one-on-one with students for up to 25 hours. Additional hours are available if needed but most students are able to complete the process in 25 hours. We also offer services on an hourly basis for students with specific needs. All support materials are purchased separately.